top of page

Wet Weather & Threat of Thunderstorms Postpone the May 14th Croatan Spring Jam

SWANSBORO, NC - Unfortunately Carteret County Speedway officials are up against Mother Nature this weekend, unfortunately. Wet weather and a threat of strong to severe thunderstorms have halted our May 13th & 14th program.

After consulting with the National Weather Service, officials and management decided to make this call early with everyone’s safety and well being in mind first, and secondly, with the high price of fuel we didn’t want fans and teams to risk a trip to East Carolina just to be turned around with a day-of cancelation.

The Croatan Spring Jam will be made up at a later date.

“A lot of thought goes into making this call,” said track owner Bob Lowery. “We take it very seriously because not only do hours upon hours of work go in on our end but the racers who prepare their cars every week to race here. This is not a decision that we wanted to make but hearing and seeing what we’re up against this weekend, it’s the right one.”

With this weekend’s postponement, race fans can expect the next racing event on the Crystal Coast on May 29th featuring the Solid Rock Carrier’s Big Money Late Model Series, the Southern Ground Pounders, and much more exciting action.

For those who purchased online tickets for this weekend, you’ll receive an email with a coupon code that will give you a free ticket for the next event. If you won’t be able to make the show, please contact us for a refund.

The website and social media updates should be published at the time of this story, however, some website updates may take a little longer to update so please be patient.


92 views0 comments
bottom of page